What is a Risk Assessed Management Plan?
Most Queensland liquor licence types require a Risk Assessed Management Plan (RAMP). The RAMP describes practices and procedures relating to: responsible service of alcohol – training and practices, noise, security, amenity, food, minors and many other matters relating to the licensee’s obligations under the Liquor Act and Liquor Regulations. The RAMP is created by the licensee (or we can prepare one on your behalf) and submitted to the Office of Liquor & Gaming Regulation for approval. On approval, a stamped copy is returned to the licensee and this must be kept on the licensed premises.
Do I need a Risk Assessed Management Plan?
You must provide a RAMP when lodging an application for a new Queensland liquor licence (subject to the exemptions below), or if you are applying to transfer a Queensland liquor licence.
A licensee must provide a revised RAMP for any of the following applications:
- Permanent variation of liquor licence conditions
- Extended trading hours approval (permanent approval)
- Approval for a change in the principal activity of the licensed premises
- Approval to use a car park for the sale or supply of liquor
Who is exempt from providing a Risk Assessed Management Plan?
If you are applying for a low risk licence, or you hold one already, you do not need to have a RAMP provided the premises is not:
- Approved to trade after midnight
- Subject to an Adult Entertainment Permit
- Located in a Restricted Area
A low risk premises is a restaurant or cafe operating under the authority of a subsidiary on-premises meals licence, or a gift basket or florist business with a subsidiary off-premises licence.
What do I need to do with my Risk Assessed Management Plan?
If you have a RAMP for your licensed premises, it is a condition of your licence that the RAMP is kept on the premises and available for inspection by a patron or an investigator. Additionally, you must:
- Display signs on the licensed premises informing patrons of the existence of the RAMP and that it may be viewed on request
- Ensure all staff on the premises, including crowd controllers, are aware of the contents of the RAMP and comply with it in performance of their duties
If you need a RAMP we can provide one that we guarantee will comply with OLGR requirements, for a fixed fee. Call us on 07 3252 4066 to find out more.