Since June 2005 all gaming licensees have been required to develop a documented Gaming Related Compliance Program which meets minimum standards defined by Queensland Office of Gaming Regulation.
Is your Gaming Related Compliance Program Document (GRCPD) up to date?
In 2005 over 1000 gaming licensees took advantage of our GRCPD service. However, there have been a number of changes to gaming regulations and those documents need to be updated or replaced.
Liquor & Gaming Specialists have developed an updated Compliance Program Document which meets all current QOGR requirements. This document is tailored to apply to your venue and we can provide it to you for a single payment of $600.00 (plus GST).
Monthly Self-Assessment Checklist
An important element of every GRCPD is the monthly self-assessment checklist. The checklist must be completed by the Gaming Nominee by the 7th day of the following month and a copy of the checklist must be kept and available for inspection at the licensed premises for five years after it is completed.
In the most recent Q Gaming Update, published April 2008, QOGR announced an inspection program for early-mid 2008 specifically targeting the quality of self assessment checklists. Any licensee failing to correctly complete the monthly checklist faces a maximum penalty of $15,000 for individuals or $75,000 for corporations.
How can we help you meet your obligations and avoid potential penalties?
To complement your GRCPD, we can provide a Monthly Self-Assessment Checklist Service to help you meet your obligations in this regard. For a monthly payment of $55 (plus GST) or an annual investment of $600 (plus GST) we will:
- Contact your Gaming Nominee at the beginning of each month and complete the self-assessment checklist based on records collected by gaming staff in the preceding month.
- Send an electronic copy of the completed checklist to the Gaming Nominee. The Nominee must print and sign the document and file the original, with supporting documentation, in the designated location on site. The Nominee must send a copy of the signed checklist to our office by facsimile.
- Notify your nominated representative of compliance with the licensee?s requirements under sections 264A and 264B of the Gaming Act 1991 and provide a copy of the checklist for presentation at the monthly meeting of the board of directors/management committee.
- Retain a copy of all completed checklists for at least five years. This will ensure you are able to replace the documents if they are lost or damaged.
Do you hold monthly meetings of the board of directors/management committee?
The monthly self-assessment checklist (at question 9 for Hotels and question 13 for Clubs) states:
(a) Previous month?s self assessment presented to and adopted by board of directors / management committee?
(b) Any matters requiring further action are included on agenda of next meeting for monitoring purposes?
Most larger organisations and clubs hold formal monthly meetings. But, our experience tells us that family businesses and other operators often only hold informal meetings, on an as needs basis, and rarely take proper minutes to record what has been discussed.
If you require assistance in this area, then you might benefit from the Monthly Meetings Service which we offer to our clients. For a monthly payment of $55 (plus GST) or an annual investment of $600 (plus GST) we can help you comply with your obligations regarding monthly meetings by:
- Convening a monthly teleconference of the board of directors/management committee.
- Providing a resolution to adopt the monthly checklist
- Generating minutes of the meeting and forwarding them to your nominated representative to be filed at your office
- Retaining a copy of all records for at least five years. This will ensure you are able to replace the documents if they are lost or damaged
Any Two Services Bundle – $1,080 (plus GST)
If you choose any two of the services outlined above, we will discount our fees by 10%. In other words, your annual investment is only $1,080 (plus GST) and you choose the combination of services your business needs.
Total Service Bundle – $1,440 (plus GST)
If you want all of the services outlined above: Gaming Related Compliance Program Document, Monthly Self Assessment Checklist Service and Monthly Meetings Service, we will discount our fees by 20%. In other words, for an annual investment of $1,440 (plus GST) you will be relieved of a large portion of the administrative burden associated with gaming compliance, giving you more time to focus on growing your business.
If you have not yet addressed the above matters, or you want any help with gaming compliance, email us or call us on 07 3252 4066 and immediately take action to minimise the risk to your business.